2015年12月9日水曜日

BR 2-08: Wuthering Heights

[...Heathcliff smiling to himself whenever he saw Isabella, and I wondered why.](p.44)

I knew this book when I attended a class of English literature. I compared with Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre in the class. I like Jane Eyre better than Wuthering Heights. Main character of this story is Heathcliff. He was very poor boy when he was a child. He loved a woman at that time. They loved each other. The woman named Catherine. She could not marry Heathcliff because he was an orphan and she had a longing to the living of rich class. Heathcliff disappeared after she married to Edgar. But he came back and he decided to revenge to people that caused pain him.

I read this book and I became to be sad because he had never became happy. If he married Catherine, I think the ending was different. But I admired his love because he loved the only person in his life. I think that it is a great thing. I could not do such him. Because of environment, he became such a poor person. Wuthering Heights was his revenge story.

In opposite, Jane Eyre was good. Jane was happy because she could live with a man who loved the best in the last scene. She had experienced a lot of bad things since she was a child. But she had a good luck different from Heathcliff.

After reading these books, I want to know more about the difference of these books and I wanted to read other books.

Emily Bront.(1991).Wuthering Heights.London : D. Campbell, c1991
243/9170






0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿